Many times in the Bible we are given accounts of healing for the physical body. Since we know that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8) we have every right to believe that divine healing for our bodies is available today.
- In our text in Mark 5, we have a beautiful example of Jesus healing a young girl who not only was critically ill, but who actually died while Jesus was on His way to heal her. While He was going to her home, a woman who had been diseased for twelve years (verses 25-34) touched His clothes and was immediately healed. What attribute do we see exhibited by the father of the sick girl and by the sick woman, which resulted in their healing? In what way did they exercise this attribute in order to obtain the results?
- A miracle is an act of God whereby something occurs which is unexplainable in terms of known scientific laws, such as healing for an incurable disease. Give an example from your own experience or possibly from the experience of someone you know who has received a definite healing.
- Many will tell us that the day of miracles is past, that healing was provided only during Jesus’ ministry and in the time of the Early Church. Read Mark 16:17-18. In the light of these Scriptures, what conclusion can we reach in regard to the previous statement?
- In Mark 6:5-6 and Matthew 13:58, we find that Jesus was sometimes hindered in performing miracles. What reason is given in these Scriptures?
- On occasion, afflictions may arise which seem especially difficult with regard to healing. One such example is given in Mark 9:25-29. What did Jesus say was necessary in order to receive the answer in this case?
- Some may say that Christians should never become sick, and if they do it shows a lack of faith or that they are living a life displeasing to God. However, we have examples in the Scriptures that would indicate differently. In the following examples, what might have been the reason for the affliction?
2 Corinthians 12:7-9
- What formula does the Bible give us regarding prayer for the healing of our physical bodies? James 5:14-15
- If we are in need of divine healing, and are unable to go to an elder or have him come to us, what Biblical example do we find in Acts 19:11-12?
- Both the Old and New Testaments teach us that one of the provisions of Christ’s atonement on Calvary is healing for our body. How do Isaiah 53:5 and 1 Peter 2:24 substantiate the beautiful truth that Jesus’ Blood avails for our physical healing?