The love of a godly mother for her children is one of the greatest loves a human can experience. A young child looks to his mother for care, comfort, security, and love. As that child grows older, he honors her integrity, example, and resourcefulness. A godly mother is prayerful, self-sacrificing, and dedicated to her family. The Bible speaks of her as a virtuous woman.
It has been the aim of Satan since the beginning of time to bring all humanity into his ranks. Ever since the downfall of man in the Garden of Eden, the fight of right against wrong has been raging in this world. But God has made ample provision for the salvation of man’s immortal soul.
It is this provision that will be taken up in this study of “God’s Cure for Sin.” In Genesis 3:15 we see the first beam of light for lost humanity pointing toward Christ, the Redeemer of man. A key lesson in this quarter deals with God offering His own Son as a substitute for mankind.
Woven into this quarter are lessons covering the events leading up to Easter. We will explore the message and hope of the Resurrection as the foundation of the Gospel, and will learn how one can be enabled to walk in newness of life. We will also study some of the results of salvation and the benefits it brings into one’s life.
May God bless you as you explore His plan for the redemption of man.
Joshua 24:14-15; Proverbs 22:6; 2 Timothy 1:1-5
- What was the nationality of the woman who came to Jesus (Mark 7:26)? What was His statement (in our text) concerning this?
- What spiritual virtues did the woman exhibit in coming to Jesus for physical healing for her daughter?
- Why do you feel Jesus acted as He did toward the woman? How might you have reacted if Jesus had shown such a seemingly unconcerned attitude toward your need?
- We have many beautiful accounts in the Bible which depict a mother’s love. How do you think these mothers felt in a time of emotional stress?
- Moses’ mother, as she put her son into the basket in the river — Exodus 2:3
- Hannah, as she left her son with Eli — 1 Samuel 1:24-28
- Mary, as she watched Jesus hang on the cross — John 19:25
- Christ is our example. What kind of concern and care did He show toward His mother? See Luke 2:51 and John 19:26-27.
- Tell of some ways our mothers show their love for us without words. How can we reciprocate?
- What is the highest spiritual responsibility a mother and father have toward their children? See Deuteronomy 6:5-7.
- Read 2 Kings 4:1-7. In what manner does this account show us how a mother’s love for her sons brought physical help through spiritual means?