Just as the many members of the physical body are dependent on each other, so it is with a church. The members are united and supportive of each other. Without this union, no church could exist. God has given to each of us grace and the ability to accomplish the work He has called us to do. But to be effective for God we must consecrate our lives to do His bidding.
In this day of micro-technology, we should have no difficulty in grasping the concept that small things can be significant. We may feel that we are just one among millions on this earth, but in God’s eyes we are important, and that is the point we wish to convey throughout this quarter.
God has a plan for each of us! As we begin our Christian walk, and then continue to grow in His grace, we will want to find out what that plan is and do our best to follow it. To discover God’s plan for us, we need to communicate with Him. With that thought in mind, this quarter opens with two lessons focusing on prayer. The lessons following those deal with recognizing the call of God and fitting ourselves to be usable in His service.
We look at the importance of witnessing to others, and the vital necessity of holding on through hard places. The quarter moves on to a series of lessons on choosing and keeping friends who will not hinder our spiritual growth. The concluding thrust is the importance of staying on the alert, ready at any moment for the Lord’s coming.
Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:1-4,11-13,16
- What is meant by the phrase, the Body of Christ?
- How is the decision made to determine where one fits into the Body of Christ?
- What is the particular place that Christ fills in the Body? What is the responsibility of the members toward Christ?
- In what manner does a person develop his usefulness, and become able to accept other responsibilities as a part of the Body of Christ?
- What part of the Body is more important than the others, apart from the Head?
- What is the responsibility of each member toward the others?
- List some of the ways in which the Body is benefited when all the members are working together as a unit and all fit into their respective places.
- How does consecration help us continue to fit into the place that God has planned for us?
Tract No. 19 — A Witness of the Power of God