At the center of the Christian’s experience is that seed of faith whereby he first entered, and now continues in the Christian walk. Should a time of testing rob him of that faith, he is a pauper, and will remain so until it is regained. But the one who guards his faith as a treasure beyond value will persevere and triumph in every trial of life.
- Describe the situation that the widow of Zarephath was in when the prophet came to her.
- While the widow went to fetch water for Elijah, he called to her with another request which elicited a pitiful response from the widow. What options did his request leave her?
- What parallel can you draw between this woman’s decision in how to respond to Elijah’s demand and the decision facing every sinner who hears God’s call?
- Verse 15 brings out what very important truth concerning faith?
- What might the consequences have been had the characters in the following verses not exercised faith?
- Give an example from your own life that illustrates how faith sustains a person.
- Luke 18:8 poses a very piercing question. How does it apply to the world in which we live?
- How can we guard against the onslaught of the forces which would destroy or diminish or faith?