The relationships we have studied so far this quarter have been positive. However, there is one unpleasant situation that every Christian is faced with from the moment of conversion. The power of the devil is real, but God sets the limit as to how far he can go. Man is made a free moral agent and it is within his power to choose to withstand the fierce powers of darkness or to let them overcome him. When God provides the armor to withstand the devil, He gives man the means of victory.
- The Bible uses different names for Satan. Write the names beside the particular verses below.
2 Corinthians 4:4
What are we to deduce from these names?
- When the Lord asked Satan, “Whence comest thou?” Satan answered that he had been going to and fro in the earth and walking up and down in it. What verse in our lesson lets us know that he is doing the same today, and more?
- What type of man, spiritually speaking, was Job? What four tragedies befell him, as recorded in the first chapter?
- Upon hearing the news of these calamities, what did Job do immediately?
- Why do you think God allowed Satan to attack Job?
- What heavenly assistance did Jesus have when combating the devil in the wilderness? (Matthew 3:16; 4:1,11) What defense did Jesus use? What is the Christian’s defense against the devil today?
- Define resist. Refer to James 4:7 and 1 Peter 5:9.
- List the six separate parts of the spiritual armor which make up the whole armor of God as found in Ephesians 6:14-17.
- According to Revelation 12:10-11, how does a Christian overcome Satan?
- Describe a spiritual battle that you have fought and won. What was the key to obtaining the victory?
- Matthew 4:1-11
- Ephesians 6:13-18